Today several good things happened.
1. I wrote two and a half one-page papers in under 2 hours. This is great for me. I am THE SLOWEST writer. And the first one-pager was actually pretty good. I’m proud.
2. Andy, in my program had a genius idea. We are creating/writing a play about middle eastern folk tales for one of our classes. This show will be performed for a few local schools. We set a goal to submit the show to The International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People (ASSITEJ) conference in Warsaw Poland in 2014. This is like, the biggest thing I could do in Children’s Theatre. It’s amazing and terrifying to even think about. Just submitting is pretty cool. I definitely want to attend the conference, but going as a presenter would be amazing. Very once in a grad-school lifetime. Poland…I never really thought about going there, but now that I am planning to I am super excited. I think it will be awesome. I hope if we get accepted we can score some good funding to help pay for it. Yeah! New country!
3. I found out my friend Shannon likes my blog. She even nominated me for a Liebester award. This means she likes me. So I get to answer some questions she posted. Obvs I love to talk about myself, so how could I resist. This is happening below.
4. Also cool, though it happened a few days ago, I was searching for books of folktales for the project explained above when I SERENDIPITOUSLY found this book on the same shelf
For reals. This book has been out of print for years. I have been looking for it. So great.
Also, last weekend this happened. Fire is the coolest. I had never seen a couch burn like that before. A warning against any of you who like to smoke in bed: DONT.
Here are all the to dos for this Liebter idea: I’m only concerned with the first 2 really, but it’s a nice idea, give it a go.
1. Post 11 random things about myself.
2. Answer the 11 questions my nominator set for me.
3. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers with fewer than 200 followers (no tag-backs).
5. Go to each of their blogs to tell them about their nominations.
Some random things I’m thinking about ME tonight:
1. I share too much on Facebook, but really, it brings me joy.
2. I liked the movie Les Mis much better the second time I saw it. I even cried this time. (Similar experience to Harry Potter V.)
3. My favorite movie is Finding Nemo. No shame.
4. Today I texted 4 people and called two. One of the phone calls was to my old boss to tell him how awesome he is. The other was to my sister.
5. I think I’ve gained 5 lbs since Christmas. My pants that I was so so proud about getting back into in August were tight today. Not. Good.
6. The last TV show I turned on was Freaks and Geeks, nope, wait… it was Firefly, more than a week ago.
7. I love this: The Lizzy Bennet Diaries. Warning. This will suck several hours of your life away. There are currently about 80 episodes. Plus Lydia bonus features.
8. I really wish I had a boyfriend/husband. Like REALLY.
9. I parted my hair down the middle today. It made me think about high school and how big a deal it was to me when I started side parting and got layers finally.
10. I am surrounded by sick people and I’m really trying not to get the flu.
11. I’m actually enjoying some of my text books this term. Is that even allowed?
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Pasadena CA. I love that town. Though London is probably tied.
5. Is there intelligent life on other planets and will we ever meet them?
6. What broke up you and your first best friend?
7. Who is your longest lasting pal? Why?
8. In what ways do you hope to be just like your mother, and in what ways do you not?
9. College class you never got to take?
11. What is the deal?!